1. Now that it’s warm enough to knit outside, I find myself loving Misti Alpaca Hand Paint Lace (color #01) more and more. The subtleties of the color changes are much easier to see in bright light. See?
2. Still haven’t mailed the log cabin baby blanket to Michael’s teacher. I really must get her address before school is done for the year. In the meantime, I’m trying to enjoy looking at it instead of thinking, “Haven’t you mailed that yet?!”
3. The approach of the last day of school is a tremendous source of excitement when you’re 11 and finishing 5th grade or when you’re nearly 15 and finishing 8th grade (and have an all-day field trip, field day, and “graduation” to look forward to). Not so much if you’re a high school sophomore with a heavy course load and 5 final exams between today and June 21. And it doesn’t help when your brothers gleefully count down the days.
4. I just may have to give up on the recently discovered stash of wool that I found in the knee wall upstairs. After cleaning and drying, I discovered that it had been nibbled by (brace yourself) moths sometime over the past 13 years. I’m not above joining the occasional broken piece of yarn, but I think this might be too much. Will write more another day.
5. I really need to get to sleep earlier if I’m going to get up early enough to run more in the morning. Must just force myself out of bed when the alarm goes off. Snooze button, you seem like a friend, but you are not!